Have you ever wondered why Jews buy German cars?...

Or anything German for that matter. It's either that they appreciate quality and fine engineered automobiles or they can't connect the dots. Most WWII vets buy only American but I guess the Jews have a different view in terms of how the Holocaust
affected them. That's a head scratcher, go figure!

NikkiVan1

Asked by NikkiVan1 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Probably because Hitler's Germany no longer exists except in a few individuals--and those types of people can be found in just about any country. I think it shows an ability to differentiate between events in history and today's atmosphere. Why hold a grudge if those who perpetuated the extreme abuse are no longer living? It's not like buying German cars is going to help Hitler or any of his dead cronies.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 1:44 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Wow... wtf
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:45 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Idk, the Jewish guy I know drives an Outback lol.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:46 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• most people who make them cars now a days are not thoese who fought in wwII. So you want all people to hold a grudge against each other forever? for something that happend in that past that we the generation right now can do nothing about it and had nothing to do with it?
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 1:47 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Wow, ever wonder why American's buy Japanese cars?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:49 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Some of Jews us know that today's Germans cannot be blamed for what their ancestors did. When I was in college, one of my best friends was German, she was the daughter of the BMW representative here in Mexico. And she was a wonderful girl and I see no reason why I should blame her for what happened 30 years before she was born.
    I do know some Jews that don't buy German, my grandmother was one of them. It doesn't mean they have more honor or respect for the Holocaust. Carrying bitterness and resentment doesn't make a person more attuned to being wronged. One can remember what happened, learn from it and do what they can to prevent it from happening again, but carrying a grudge certainly doesn't help anyone.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Germany now is NOT the Germany of WWII. Are you suggesting that we need to treat ALL the people of Germany now as if the were responsible for what Hitler and the Nazi's did? Because that is just ridiculous.

Anonymous

***************

Lmao... best response.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 1:59 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Well, for that matter I shouldn't buy any product manufactured by a Catholic... the Inquisition, you know... And no more gyros and baklava for me, those Greeks were awful to us when they destroyed our Temple.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• WOW.
    Anonymous