Thank goodness SIL's contractions seem to have stopped..

I posted an earlier question about premature labor as my SIL (whose baby I am adopting) went into labor at 26 weeks and 3 days and was given drugs to stop it. Does anyone know how long it's likely to hold off? Or could it hold off till the end now? Husband is at hospital with her and will not be back for a bit.. so I'm asking questions on here. Please help, thanks.

haleykarson

Asked by haleykarson at 12:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My labor was stopped several times in my last pregancy and more than few times during my oldests. Depending on how well they hospital can manage her contractions with the medicines and she complies with their recoomendations she should be fine. I went to 36 weeks with my youngest and as I said in your last question I started going into labor with her at 5 months.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 1:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I had to get shots to stop contractions at 29 weeks and ended up having to be induced at 39 wks 2days....so as long as she takes care of herself she can go full term
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:55 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I went into labor at 29 weeks and am currently at 36 weeks. It can be stopped but sometimes after awhile the medicine can quit working. I will say a prayer for your family during this time; I know exactly what you are going through.
    RoseAsh

Answer by RoseAsh at 12:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Oh and feel free to PM me or hit up my yahoo IM if you need to talk to someone. I can only imgine how alone you feel right now. The link for yahoo is on my profile page.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 11, 2008