Are there foods you just can't make no matter how hard you try?

Even when you follow recipe exactly? I just cant bake cakes or bread no matter what.

luvschocolate

Asked by luvschocolate at 1:48 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Food & Drink

• chinese fried rice. No matter what I do, I can't seem to get it right.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 1:50 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Mine is chocolate fudge. Have you tried the cake recipe on the back of the Hershey's cocoa box? Even I can't screw that one up. I keep trying bread. I finally found one I couldn't screw up. Maybe it's not you. Maybe it's your stove.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:52 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• fried chicken, I can never seem 2 get it perfect.. its either to tough, not done, or the outside is to brown.. i wont even make it now, but my bf is a pro at fried chicken, so i let him make it.
    sarahlu

Answer by sarahlu at 2:04 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Guacamole... i just can't seem to find a really good restaurant quality recipe. Also, cheddar broccoli soup.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 2:30 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• liver....hate it hate it hate it!!!!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 2:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• an omlette. mine always turns into scrambled eggs with lots of goodies.
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 3:55 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• i have a problem with fried chicken also, i cant seem to even bread it properly! you'd think i would have given up trying by now, but nope, i keep on torturing myself!
    happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 4:34 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Scallops-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:03 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• My MIL's Rice Krispie chicken! Omg I do it exacly the same and mine is awful! I can make any other kid of chicken but that. Idk what she does but it's incredible.
    Anonymous

• I can't make fresh chewy Caramels!! They stay Tasty but gooey! I don't know!! I used to bake a great Lemon meringue pie. No more! Now my hands & fingers don't work.. So its a lot more! Since my hands drop things whenever they please!! Sorry on your issues. I bet someday you'll be able to! High altitude? Poor flours? Bad oven!! You're too perfect for it to be you!! LOL! Oh to know how to make that Mongolian bourbon chicken DH got me during Chemo!! The only Good thing that year held for me!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:49 PM on Jun. 12, 2011