Anyone know how to get rid of lice perminatly

we keep getting them back an keep treating our hair dont know what else to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Health

• We used the lice freee spray from walgreens. We used it on asaturday then sunday. No lice to be found since. That was a month and half ago.
    Anonymous

• oh good will have to try that we even bought special meds an got special shampoo that sposse to keep the lice away.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:03 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• you cant PERMANATLY unless you never go out , you may get them again from someone
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 2:03 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• It took me one solid week to get rid of the lice... and Im a sahm... if you work I would take the week off.
    I nit pick every morning and every night.
    We used licex. And paul mitchell tea tree shampoo.
    I put ALL stuffed animals, extra pillows ect in black garbage bags in the garage for two weeks.
    vacuumed ALL the furniture and put a blanket on the couch... that was the ONLY place other than the floor anyone with lice was allowed to sit.
    EVERY DAY I vacummed the matteresess, ran the bedding/pillows through the dryer on high for 30 min, vacuumed the WHOLE house. etc.

if you do these things EVERY day with out missing a day AND nit pick twice a day.... you can get rid of it all in about a week and it wont come back.

BUT double check who the kids are playing with and have no one over until it is gone.
    Anonymous

• You have to wash all bedding, pillows, stuffed animals (or bag them for a while) and keep treating your hair. There is no cure. You have be super thorough and spray everywhere possible. My oldest got them several times from her daycare years ago. It was frustrating to say the least. I stopped having her go there since I realized kids were bringing it to school and no one noticed before it got passed around.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 2:06 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• thanks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I'm the one that told ya about the lice freee, when we used it we were unable to vacuum or wash clothes, it was during the tornadoes and we had no power for over a week. So yeah vacuuming and washing sheets and bagging stuff is good if u can but that spray worked for us when all we could do was spray and wash our hair.
    Anonymous

• took me about 6 months one year. i spent hundreds upon hundreds of dollars and hours upon hours. I was so frustrated. Five girls with thick black hair. I googled and found this. PLEASE no smoking or open flames.

I took a bottle of alcohol(cost a buck or two) poured it in a big plastic cup from stop -n-go. Took a comb from the dollar store. Dipped it into the alcohol and comb their hair until it was completely wet. I made them sit on the couch until their hair was dry. I repeated for two days and then a few more times for the next week. After the first day I saw no more bugs, no eggs after the 2nd day but I was afraid i missed one so I kept it up for a week. Three bucks and two days did what I couldn't do for 6 months.
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 2:11 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• what kinda alcohol like the stuff u drink or rubbing
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:18 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• rubbing.
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 2:34 PM on Jun. 12, 2011