Good family size tent?

We have an infant and almost 3 year old and need an inexpensive but fairly decent family-sized tent. We'll use it a few times a year. Any recommendations? Thanks!

ariel08

Asked by ariel08 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We have a Coleman Bayside 7 man tent with pet den. We're a family of 4 and it works wonderfully for us. We stuff all the gear and duffles into the pet den to give us more room in the tent itself. We got it a few years ago when my now 4 year old was still crawling.

My husband suggested to me, and I agree, if you're 4 people tent camping, you'll want an 8 person tent. The extra room is SO worth it.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:55 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Honestly, if you're consistent campers and will camp every year I recommend the LL Bean. It's more expensive but they have a lifetime guarantee. If it ever tears or you have any problems with it for any reason, you get a brand new tent for free. So, it will literally be the only tent you EVER have to buy. It's cheaper in the long run and I love mine.
    MegMurry

Answer by MegMurry at 9:49 AM on Jun. 13, 2011