How did your dh propose?

tspillane

Asked by tspillane at 2:47 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• He stopped the wedding, got down on one knee and said, since I didn't get to do this before, I wanted to do it now... And asked me to marry him - which I did, 2 minutes later...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:50 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• DH came home from his 2nd deployment and I knew he was going to ask me to marry him, I just didn't know when or where or how. Well I had gone to Fort Hood on Valentine's Weekend to go see him and we were going to go visit his parents that weekend. He had just gotten off work not long before I arrived and he had been in his barracks room packing for the weekend when I got there, he came and met me outside, and took me upstairs to his room to finish packing.

When we got to his room he finished packing his clothes for the weekend and went to his locker/closet and pulled out a box, he came over to me, wrapped his arms around me, gave me a kiss, told me how much he loved me and wanted to spend the rest of his life with me, then asked me to marry him. 3 months later we were married on May 5th.
    Holtswife24

Answer by Holtswife24 at 2:51 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• we were out dancing, he had pre-arranged with the DJ that while my back was turned, she snuck the mic up to him. she turned the music down a bit, he got down on one knee and proposed. it was my birthday, so i didn't think it odd that he had invited all our friends out with us...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• He didn't. Our premarital sex got him kicked out of his church. While he was trying to get back in (we were living together, unwed) his church told him to marry me or move out. I got dragged to a JP. I didn't put up much of a fight though. I'm terrified of being a single mother and being as useless to my kids as my single working father was to me.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:08 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I was having a crappy day dealing with family and what not and I went over my dh's house (we were freshmen in college visiting parents for Christmas). Then he left the room and his mom called me to the living room a few minutes later. I went out there and he was pacing and he got on one knee and asked me to marry him. I was so excited! I called my parents (he wanted to propose in front of them but they didn't want him at their house). My mom's response was: what! I hope not anytime soon! and my dad's: 'you are too young' and walks away....

We were married 4 years and 19 month old twins later :) We've been married 7 months now. :)
    newmom2bgtwins

Answer by newmom2bgtwins at 3:13 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• he pretty much picked the ring up at the store while i waited in the car..he had is sized lol..anyway we were going down the road stoppe at a red light and he hands me the box...and says will this work? I said excuse me, he said for us to get married? I was stunned at how it happened I said so is this your proposal he grinned and said yea kinda cheesy huh! I said yes of course not matter how cheesy its now almost 7yrs later
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 3:21 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I came home from school. ( I was in HS at the time) and he said "You wanna marry me?" lol. I said sure! lol Not all that romantic.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 3:23 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• We were getting it on and while i was riding him he proposed to me:) lol
    megclark22

Answer by megclark22 at 3:28 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I had always said I did not whant to know when he was going to ask ( my family owns a couple of jewelry stores so it was obviouswhere he would get the ring from...) so when I had planned a great date night of seeing Grease ( a play) and dinner he simple pulled the ring out at dinner,
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 3:28 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• While lying in bed one night, talking before going to sleep, 3 months after meeting:

Him: "I've been seriously considering marriage lately."
    Me: "Me, too."
    Him: "So, when do you want to do this?"
    Me, half joking: "How about tomorrow?"
    Him: "If you're serious, look into it and find out what we have to do."

The next day, we went and got a license, and we got married the day after that. And that was almost 7 years ago. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2011