Private school (vent)

So last year, I asked my ex, father of my 6 year old DD if we could agree to put our DD in private school and split the cost because our school district is so bad and I can't get her in a public school out of the district. It was going to be about $4000 a year, and you can make monthly payments throughout the school year. He said no because it was too much money (about $230 a month for his half). Well I talked to my DH and we decided to send her anyway (which I have the right to do, we just have to pay 100% of it, which we do). Now, a year later, I find out my ex's step dd is going to private school next year, his wife told me (she was clearly trying to rub it in my face). She said she was so excited that my ex is able to do this for her DD (she doesn't get child support for her dd and she doesn't work either) anyway she told me it was almost $6000 a year (I Googled the school, it is). I am so mad that he would do this for his step dd (and they live out of state in a good school district) when he wouldn't do it for his own DD (who needed it).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• And did you divorce him because he is a?*&#!!$#!! So what do you expect.
    ladybug0614

Answer by ladybug0614 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• That would irritate me. We'd (my ex and I) would definitely be having several conversations about it. Good Luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:53 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• he is an ass!!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:03 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• he pobably does it for her child cause hes not with her. He snot with you anymore. but I agree its still his child. But I guess he thinks differently. Dont let it annoy you thats all his new girlfriend wants.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 3:05 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• wow he sound bitter and mad about something or why else would he do it for another child and not his own
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• maybe he wasn't financially ready but now he is
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Yea, it sucks but there is nothing you can do about it so try not to spend too much time letting it bother you. At least you can take some pride in knowing what kind of parent YOU are.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 3:55 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I would be upset. You have every right to be pissed!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 4:07 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• So why not take him to court and see if you can force him to pay for half of it? He's obviously not against private school now.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:42 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Ask him, don't believe what she is saying. She may be just trying to piss you off. You can always go back to court, and ask for help with it like it was said above.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 5:29 PM on Jun. 12, 2011