Not prcessed = Heathy huh?

lmao I was in Dickeys yesterday with my family. They are a BBQ place and they serve things like cheddar sausages, pulled prk, smoked chicken, brisket.... you get the idea. They serve it either on a bun or with a heavily butter roll with it adn 1-2 sides, the options are bacon grn beans, bbq beans, mac and cheese fries, potato casserole and Caesar salad... Now that you have the idea. The guys behind us 3 dads I guess and a few kids were talking baout how unhealthy McDonald's was and how the made their kids watch 'Super Size Me' to teach them how unhealthy it is. The were talking about the grease and fat and 'crap' in the food... all the while munching on food form a menu that is 90% fat. I found it amusing. I mean I'm right? It may not be processed but it sure wasn't healthy! Yummy yes.

OH and for the record, I am not saying they are unhealthy eaters all the time- just that it was a funny place to have that conversation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Well, they were right. Natural fat is healthier than fat free chemically altered, additive filled, food-dye loaded food... I'm not really sure when people got the idea that chemicals were healthy, but yes, when you eat food without them, it's better for you, even if it's not the healthiest of the natural choices...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:54 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• LOL funny i heard that conversation at Burger King I laughed
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:04 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• well, since Dickie's is "fast casual" and any meal that the average consumer would consider "reasonably priced" probably doesn't come from sustainably raised meat. There is probably still HFCS in their BBQ sauce. The buns and rolls are probably made with enriched bleached flour, not whole grains. The butter is probably margarine from GMO soy and corn oil.... you get the picture.
    I would still consider McD's worse, but I get the irony.
    Everything in moderation, I guess.
    Its.Me.T.

Answer by Its.Me.T. at 3:09 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Fat is fat and the vast majority of the time it's completely unhealthy. It doesn't matter if it's "natural" like from meat or dairy. It doesn't suddenly become better and good for you. I guess the people who rail against fast food and all the other processed foods never heard of everything in moderation.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, as PP said, you were still eating processed food. Just because it comes from a restaurant doesn't mean it's made from scratch. Maybe at a 5 star, not at chain bbq.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2011