Ooops! Foot in mouth!

we were at Golden Corral today and my husband remarked about why would you get a diet Pepsi and then pig out at a buffet,how ironic is that? meanwhile I'm trying to send him the shush signal because the guy at the next table had ordered a diet soda! lol.
Ever catch yourself in a foot in mouth situation?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• lol. My mother is diabetic and is supposed to drink diet soda for the sugar reasons. I make fun of her all the time for eating a snickers with her diet soda. She informs me it cuts the sugar in half! ::shakes head:: She should really take this more seriously!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:24 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• yep. just yesterday actually. we were at the library in the children's section. ds had immediately became friends with some of the kids, and they were sitting in a circle while an older child were reading them a story. dd had taken out her toy cell phone, you know, the ones that when you press the numbers, it makes noise. i told her that we have to be quiet in the library, no cell phones allowed, and that even mommy had put her phone on quiet and put it away in her purse. so she did, she put it back in her purse and went to look at books. a few minutes later, she had went to play with some of the quiet toys they had out. i was bored, so what did i do? i got my phone out to check out facebook. a few minutes later, dd comes, grabs her purse and takes her phone out. i immediately took it and said "sweety, mommy said no phones allo-...."....then gave myself a mental headslap, put my phone away and apologized
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:29 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Lots of times.

Answer by louise2 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• quite a bit but it wasnt like he was being rude..maybe it will get the guy to thinking
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 3:22 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Happens all the time!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 4:12 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Oh yeah.

But to answer your hubby's question, I get Diet Pepsi and pig out at the buffet (usually just getting salads though) because I like Diet Pepsi. I can't stand the taste of regular.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 5:03 PM on Jun. 12, 2011