How do you feel about people who join the military(or navy,etc.),just for the benefits?

I know a lot of moms on here are against people who get PA,because it's "wasting their tax dollars".Well what about people who join the military(etc.) just for the benefits?I've heard so many people say they were joining the military after having kids,just so that they could have insurance and all the other benefits that come along.But they had no intentions of joining to protect the country.So what's the difference?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• ah why not ....
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 1:15 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I don't really care the reasoning behind why someone chooses to do something that benefits a lot of people as a whole. I'm not so naive that I'm going to believe every person out there doing a job that helps others is that altruistic. As long as the job gets done, I'm happy.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:15 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• As long as they are helping protect the country I don't care if they just signed up for the benefits.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 1:16 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i don't care why they join they are still sacraficing time away from their children and family when they have to train or do a tour. if they don't they get in trouble it's not like they are not working for it also.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 1:18 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• why else would you join? to die for your country for nothing?
    Anonymous

• Well, those who falsify info to get Welfare benefits, then just spend money on other stuff or sit on their butts, are in the wrong. If you join the military "just for the benefits", that is plain foolish! The military will make you work for those benefits.
    Maybe it's best for those kind of people though... it will teach them the self-discipline they weren't tought before.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 1:18 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• OP- How do military and public assistance relate?
    This question makes no sense
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:19 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• No kidding Anon. I can't think of any other perks off the top of my head. I can't think of one person who joined the military for a reason OTHER than the benefits.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:19 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• there isnt a difference but for some reason they over look that one. im a militairy wife or ex militairy wife my husband is now out but many people join for that reason and then find a way out of going to iraq either by getting pregnant or by saying they dont have proper child care for there children. i think its crap if you join you better be ready to go to war.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:20 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• one more thng some one posted befor i was done. LOL your funny if you really think they make them work for there benefits there are alot of lazy butts in the militairy trust me and many find ways of avoiding true work and have ways of getting out of going to iraq and so on. so yes many people do work yet many do not.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 11, 2008