Does your child still wet the bed?

My 5 year old still wets the bed. My hubby did for awhile and the doctor said it was common. I was just wondering how common.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My ten year old still does. They say she will outgrow it eventually.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 4:06 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• My 3 boys are bedwetters. The youngest is 5 and sometimes he is wet, sometimes dry. My middle wet the bed till he was 9-10 yrs old. My oldest is 14 (almost 15) and still wets. He did start taking bed-wetting medicine so I hope that will help him to stop wetting at night. My family does have a history of bedwetting- so the doctor thinks (for my kids anyway) that it is heredity causing the wetting.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:07 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• My two older girls do not wet the bed. But my youngest that is six does wet the bed and in night time pullups.She has lots of bladder and constipation problems and will wet the bed more if has a bladder infection or blocked up with her colon. Doctor did say she might out grow it and not to worry. But there are so new things out there that has timers on their bed to wake them up to go potty when asleep but do not know if will get or not.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:26 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I'm very lucky. DD hasn't had any bed wetting accidents since she became fully potty trained. My niece, however, still has bed wetting issues at almost 10. My sister has her wear the good nights underwear to bed every night.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 5:05 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• my 11 y/o still does and she has seen 3 docs for it, had an ultrasound and tried meds. No luck yet!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 6:19 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• my 5 yr opld still does and very rarely my 8 yr old does
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 7:51 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Mine dont but I know it is common.
    Madelaine

Answer by Madelaine at 9:37 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Not really.
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 9:47 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Mine don't, but I know that it is common.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Mine does but not often. It is common though.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 12, 2011