Do you have any really awful or wonderful internet dating stories you are willing to share?

kdwiegandt

Asked by kdwiegandt at 4:04 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• DH and I met on a dating site. We went on our first date and ending up spending 16 hours together that night because we didn't want to go home. We ended up spending every day together for the next three years except for a 6 day stretch when I went out of town with my day and he went on vacation with a friend. We bought a house 1 yr after we were together. We got engaged at 2 yrs. . Married at 3 yrs
    It is now 9 yrs together. 6 yrs of marriage. 3 kids later
    Best time I ever spent on the internet!
    chrys45

Answer by chrys45 at 4:34 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• My husband and I met on-line. We got married 3 months later, and have been married 7 years as of this summer. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:13 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• DH and I met online too!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 4:15 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Dh and I met online...not a dating site but a chatroom. This year will be our 7th wedding anniversary :)
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 4:17 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• my SO and i met online have been toegerhter for 10 months lived together now for 2 , and we are having a baby in 2 months. my 2.5 year old loves him and he loves my son, he even was joking about adopting him.
    jenn660

Answer by jenn660 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I met my ex online and we are still very good friends and also met my husband online
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I met my husband online too! It wasnt a dating site just a social networking site similar to MySpace...we chatted online for awhile before I gave him my phone number...for me it wasnt ever supposed to be anything romantic..he became my very best friend over the months that we chatted online and over the phone..when we met in person we just clicked...he was so much fun! but he kept asking me to be his girlfriend! That was like his only flaw lol...long story short one day he gave me an ultimatum..he told me that he cared about me too much to continue to pretend that he could just be friends with me, so unless I wanted to be with him he was going to have to stop being friends with me because it just hurt too bad..he stopped talking to me when I refused again...it took me 2 days of not talking to him before I realized I was in love with him...I called him back and we've been together 3 yrs =) married a year on the 17th =)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:39 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Wonderful story. Thanks!
    kdwiegandt

Comment by kdwiegandt (original poster) at 5:57 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I have one really terrible one. I was given a date rape drug by a man I had known for several months. He was angry at me and jealous over some successes I had at my job. We were at a bar having martinis. I left him alone with my drink to go to the bathroom. Later when I passed at and was having seizures at home, he put me in a bathtub with the water running. I came to the next morning face down in the water. Luckily it was only an inch deep. I could have died that night. It took two years for that drug to completely leave my system. I lost my business because of the on going seizures and ill health. This man is still out there and is still single. I have tried to keep up with him on the internet because I believe he has done this many times before. Never leave your drink alone with anybody, even if you have known them for awhile.
    Anonymous