Am I planning on overpacking?

We are going to disney(Fla) and I was planning on a day outfit(shorts/tank) and a night outfit(capri/nicer shirt) for evening.we will be there 6 nights/7 days. I am also taking 2 bathing suits/cover. Thanks

RobinChristine

Asked by RobinChristine at 4:12 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Travel

• you should like your packing the right amount. Can you wash when there and if so then can cut down and mix match your clothes. If can wash then yes, I would take an outfit per day.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:17 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• We just went the first week of May- I did not wear capris even at night - it was hot already by then. I did take extra shirts because I don't like to be sweaty and extra underwear because I have a weak bladder when pregnant. I was 7 months at the time. What I used a ton of was sunscreen- we went through three spray bottles in 9 days!
    chrys45

Answer by chrys45 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• No that sounds about right, but if you have access to laundry machines i would pack less.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I would take at least two days worth of clothing. Are you going to wear your "night outfit" to the laundromat?
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:38 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Are you going to wear your "night outfit" to the laundromat?
    LOL,no but we are staying in the "village" and ther is things to do. I don't have alot of info b/c the trip is thru Make A Wish for my son,they like to keep some things a surprise!!!
    RobinChristine

Comment by RobinChristine (original poster) at 6:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Oh, my friend just got back from Give Kids the World and Disney with her 3-yos Make A Wish! (and DH and other 4 kids, of course). They did have a washer/dryer in their cottage, IIRC.

I don't know about day/night outfits, but having a change every day is good if you plan on doing anything but going to bed after getting back from a park. You could probably get away with one suit, but I don't think two is too many.

If you WANT to take less clothes, you could probably get away with a midweek wash and one or two less night outfits (b/c there will likely be 1 or 2 nights you do just come and crash), but this is a once in a lifetime - literally - trip, so don't feel like you need to pack to do laundry. Your fairy godmothers want you to enjoy your son, your family, and your trip - NOT worry about laundry!
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 9:21 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• pack what you think you need and if you dont use it you dont use...this is a trip to enjoy your son and your family dont stress about laundary...just have fun....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:18 AM on Jun. 14, 2011