• In the Spotlight:

do you have a favorite version of a christmas song?

Like, do you like the traditional older versions of Christmas carols, or do you like the newer upbeat versions?

I personally think Josh Groban can make any Christmas song sound better ;oD

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 1:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Holidays

• I hate Christmas music. I wouldn't mind it if it didn't start getting played the day after Thanksgiving!!
    Anonymous

• One of my favorite bands called Flyleaf does a version of "Do You Hear What I Hear" and they also had a Christmas song that they wrote. Oh, and I love any version of Christmas music that is swing or big band :D
    L33Tmom

Answer by L33Tmom at 1:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I LOVE Jessica Simpson's version of Little Drummer Boy. She duets with Ashlee. It's awesome. My favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night and I like almost every version of it especially Celine Dion's and Jewel's. Jessica Simpson also does a wonderful version of Breath Of Heaven, Mary's Song. It's beautiful.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 2:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• You cant have Christmas music without Manheim Steamroller! ALL of their songs are awesome!! But, I am also into some of the TransSiberian Orchestra stuff, too! Happy Holidays to everyone!! :)
    FL_momof2

Answer by FL_momof2 at 4:16 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i usualy hate when current singers do tem but i agree bout josh...freaking amazing..my fave christmas cd is mariah careys ...i just really love it.....fave song of hers ..well traditional song she does is oh holy night......and i also love this song done b a young girl named bianca ryan...forget the name of the song it might be called why couldnt it be christmas.....she is a good singer....any who i love christmas
    gonnabamomma

Answer by gonnabamomma at 4:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• My fave Christmas songs have to be the original versions by Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Bing Crosby, and ESPECIALLY ELVIS!!! I love Elvis's Christmas songs!! But my 2 modern faves are Please Come Home for Christmas by the Eagles, and Hard Candy Christmas by Dolly Parton.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:20 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• My favorite secular Christmas song is Sleigh Ride and my favorite version is the instrumental by the Boston Pops, so I guess I'm pretty much a traditionalist.

I also like the Muppet's "12 Days of Christmas" !
    MojitoMama

Answer by MojitoMama at 11:20 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• josh groban's 'o holy night'..mariah carey's 'all i want for xmas'..nat king cole's 'a xmas song'(chestnuts roasting..)..harry connick jr-anything
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:35 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Josh's O HOly Night is my favorite
    Some female singer does And so this is Christmas (originally by John Lennon) & that is pretty good as well.
    lanckn

Answer by lanckn at 9:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Olivia Olson's All I want for Christmas. It is way better than Mariah Carey's. It is from the Love Actually soundtrack. She was just 11 or 12 when the movie came out. I have it on my profile page. Josh Groban could sing the phone book to me. LOL!
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 2:46 PM on Dec. 13, 2008