Question for those who had an IUD..

If you had an IUD, which one did you get? Did you have any problems with it?

sunshinepraying

Asked by sunshinepraying at 4:14 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have had the copper t for 6 months now and I havent had any pregnancys yet. It works wonders
    CristaJordan

Answer by CristaJordan at 4:17 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I got the Mirena and I had no problems what so ever with it. I had it taken out in Sept. got my period in October and then got pregnant in Nov.
    LindseyRRR

Answer by LindseyRRR at 4:19 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• What about when it was put in? Did it hurt? Was there cramping or heavy bleeding? Thanks for the responses!
    sunshinepraying

Comment by sunshinepraying (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I had a mirena for a little over 4 years with no problems. There was a bit of cramping the day I had it put in, and a bit of light spotting afterwards. But it worked fine while it was in. It even made my periods very light and mild. Which was nice, since I normally have hard, heavy periods. The only reason I had it removed early was because we decided to try for # 2. And not even a month after it was removed, I got pregnant, so no problems with it effecting my fertility either.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 5:01 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I had paraguard for 8 years and LOVED it. Highly recommended. Only complaint was i had heavy periods for about 6 months after getting it put in.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 6:17 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Had the Copper T as well and loved it. The only complaint was cysts, which is typical for any IUD. The Mirena has hormones whereas the Copper T doesn't and has to be replaced sooner than the copper.
    ultrakitty1

Answer by ultrakitty1 at 6:24 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I've had Mirena since Dec and I love it. It was a bit uncomfortable to put in (but I'm really sensitive) and there was some light spotting and cramping that day. For the first 2 months my periods were erratic, like my doctor said they might be. Since then they have been light and very little cramping or other period symptoms. My doctor told me that within 2-3 months of removing that you could become pregnant (if that is what your going for), so I like that aspect b/c DH and I are looking to have one more in about a year or so.
    HistoryPixie

Answer by HistoryPixie at 6:56 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• HistoryPixie: I know every woman is different, but it didn't even take 2 months for me. Mirena was removed in February, and I was pregnant by March!
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:21 AM on Jun. 13, 2011