Will my gained baby fat go away? (more than 1 question)

I have an extra 25lbs and I'm wondering will it even go away? I had my daughter 2 months ago. I feel like a blimp and now I don't even have an excuse. How long does it take for this weight to diminish if ever? It really doesn't help that it's winter.
Are there diet supplements I can take? Do I have to ask a doctor before I take diet pills? Is that a bad idea to take diet pills? Also when will my belly button look normal again? It looks like the damn Grand Canyon and it has a brown skin pigment and the line is still there too :(

Lizzie32390

Asked by Lizzie32390 at 1:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• i lost most of mine within two weeks both times but a friend of mine lost her's two years later so it differs between people. my youngest is almost 1 and i just started hydroxycut and love it! just helps boost energy and burns calories. ONLY IF YOU ARE NOT BREAST FEEDING do you want to try a diet pill.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 1:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• yes if you work hard at eating healthy and excersising the extra weight will come off. I dont suggest taking diet pills they arnt good for you and if your breasfeeding you really dont wana take them. Just get lots of cardio excersize and eat healthy drink plenty of water. As for your belly buttun it may never look like it did befor lol mine is larger then it was befor i had my son and now that im pregnant again i fear what it may look like at the end. as for the dark line it should go away slowly it takes some time.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Well, the only sure fire way to lose weight is a healthy diet & exercise. Diet pills & supplements don't work. You may lose some weight, but you are only losing water weight & that's what you can't afford to lose. You need to lose FAT & the only way to do that is exercise. Cardio & weight training are you best bet. Even if you didn't have flab on your belly, your belly wouldn't be the same; all the muscles are stretched to the hilt from being pregnant. You have to work at it. And as for the darkened pigment on your belly, that too will go away. It will slough off as new skin grows & your hormones get back to normal. It's only been two months, give yourself a break. Be glad that you only have 25 extra pounds & enjoy your baby.
    Anonymous

• You can go to a BARIATRIC doctor and get prescribed phentermine. They make you lose a lot of weight. Also there is a phentermine group here on CM if you want to know more. Go online and look up "Bariatric doctors in or near (insert where you live here) It costed me about $60 for the first visit and $175 for the sencond visit and 2 months worth of the pills. You must change your eating habit though or the weight will return.
    Anonymous

• Oh yes and phentermine doesn't make you lose just water. It is a prescription drug that makes you extremely energetic and suppresses your apetite to the point where you have to make yourself eat...Therefore it's easier to eat healthy foods because you don't crave anything with it. You have to eat with it though. Just eat healthy. It's bad not to eat because your body stores more calories when you don't eat. My mom has been off it for about a year now and still hasn't gained her weight back. I'm just getting started.
    Anonymous

• Yes, it will go away, but not if you keep sitting on your butt. :P

You HAVE to exercise! I've been where you are - diet supplements (for the most part) do not work. Exercising does!
    At first I expected all my baby weight to just melt off...hah! I lost all 40 lbs of my gained baby weight by finally realizing that my body had changed, and I needed to change my eating habits and start exercising if I wanted to be fit again.
    You should visit your doctor anyway, and get some advice. [The first thing they're going to tell you is that you should eat healthy and exercise. Good doctors aren't going to prescribe you weight loss pills if you aren't making the effort in the first place.]
    Just my two cents...good luck!
    Anonymous

• I have lost 32 lbs since having my daughter 5 months ago, I found something that works for me , it could work for you, it's 100% safe also , pm me for more info
    BettyBoots

Answer by BettyBoots at 8:14 PM on Dec. 13, 2008