How come we can't pee on a stick to determine the sex of a baby?

Seriously now, we are cloning pets (If you don't believe it then google "Genetic Savings & Clone, Inc"), we have been to the moon, we send bots to Mars, we are able to genetically alter cells, so why can't we go to the local drugstore and spend $10 on an over the counter stick we can pee on that will tell us the sex of our baby so we can pick out just one name!?!

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 12:22 AM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Just for Fun

• only the pregnancy hormone is located in urine why wouldn't they do it that way at the doctors office if that was possible?
    ilovemybananer

Answer by ilovemybananer at 12:55 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• For that matter why don't they have a pill that makes a lazy no help hubby turn into a good father who helps with the kids and gives mom a regular break? The above answer is right though.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:05 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• The baby is in a sac inside you so all of baby's genetic code is inside the baby..Not us> However you can pay for an amneosentisis..and you can find out everything about baby if you have the money!! You can find out hair color, eye color, and sex..and much more..
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 2:06 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Because YOUR urine doesn't contain the BABY'S dna information.
    kellietinsley

Answer by kellietinsley at 5:44 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• i think she was mostly saying it as a joke.. i think she understands WHY we LITERALLY cant find out, it was just a thought u know?
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 5:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Actually,there IS a test that does just that,for those of you who haven't heard-it's called the "Intelligender" test. And it is 90% ACCURATE too! I saw the ad in a Pregnancy magazine in my doctor's office, they have a website where you can purchase it online with a credit/debit card. There's also a store locator,but when I tried to find a store it didn't work for me. If you have a c.c. or debit card, go to the "Intelligender.com" site and buy it-I would if I could,I am dying to know the sex of my baby! Good luck and God Bless-I hope you get what your heart desires!:)
    Selena1503

Answer by Selena1503 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2008