My son has a rash...

My 4 month old had an allergic reaction type rash on his leg the other day and I didnt think about it. Today, its all over his back. I havent changed soaps for laundry or his bath. All of his new clothes get washed before he wears them. I've been giving him tylenol, baby orajel and a couple teething tablets in the past week. Any ideas what could be causing this? I'm going to take away the teething tablets even though he's only had 3. Could the orajel or tylenol also be culprits? He's had tylenol since his 2 month shots and he had orajel a few weeks ago...Any ideas would be really appreciated! Oh yeah, and my diet hasnt changed drastically either (I breastfeed).

Elijahsmommy9

Asked by Elijahsmommy9 at 1:30 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• call the pedi you could also try aquafour
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 1:31 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• call your pedi but it just sounds like maybe a heat rash type rash nothing to wory about probably. its most likely not any of the medications you have given him.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Take him to the pedi. My dd had the same type reaction but we do not know what to. It started on her back then spread to her chest, arms, and head. Doc gave her a shot and put her on benadryl for a week for it to go away. She had a couple of bumps on her arm, so doc thinks it could have been a reaction to a bug bite.
    Anonymous

• put cortazone intesive healing on it before bed. and use baby lotion twice aday...if that clears it up it's just eczema...which all in all is really dry skin.
    LuVzLiFeMoMwIfE

Answer by LuVzLiFeMoMwIfE at 3:29 PM on Dec. 11, 2008