Does anyone have any info on a facebook? I know it's kind of like myspace but not exactly. I tried to research it online and didn't really get any good info. Does anyone else's kids have one?

GMR

Asked by GMR at 1:31 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• I have one as does my daughter. I have used it mostly to help plan my reunion this July. I think personally it sucks and is hard to figure out. Most people though love it. Not sure what sort of info you are looking for though
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:37 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I have a FaceBook and a MySpace. Personally, I couldn't figure out why anyone uses Facebook, it's just...blah... It is sort of like MySpace in a way, in ways of communication, I suppose, but on Facebook you can only see someone's profile by being their friend. What kind of info are you looking for?
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 2:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• No My sons are not allowed on the internet w/o me or dad and they can only play games on disney or research homework.
    4kids1970

Answer by 4kids1970 at 3:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I do not have a facebook however I have tagged and myspace so if you needed any info on them I would be able to help you but I dont have anything on facebook sorry...
    WhitAndAnt

Answer by WhitAndAnt at 5:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i have facebook. i love it much more than myspace...
    Sandiii

Answer by Sandiii at 5:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i have one its not a bad site. i think its better and cleaner than myspace (and probly a little safer) my mom and my sister and brother have one too. maybe you should make one and see for yourself. if you dont like it and dont approve then you can delete it and talk to your child about it (if they have one)
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 10:55 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I've used facebook for over 3 years but I'm not sure what you want to know. Feel free to PM me.
    NewMum2007

Answer by NewMum2007 at 5:58 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• facebook is full of pornographic pictures and wierdo's my little sister had one i went on there one day just to check it out and omgsh
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 11:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• My DD (11) wants one, and I've told her I'm going to check it out first.
    I just got one, and haven't really had time to check it out. I imagine it's a lot like CafeMom - there's a lot of stuff on here I don't want her seeing, but a lot of good too.
    I like that only her "friends" can see her page, but I don't like the idea in general. I'm probably going to opt NO for now, and wait until she's a little older.
    Still, when she gets one, I'm going to monitor it closely. I WILL be a "friend" on there who checks her page regularly.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 2:38 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I decided to go ahead and let her with the condition that she only accept as friends people who she knows in real life. And I told her I could check it when I wanted to.

Seemed like a good compromise.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 4:59 PM on Dec. 16, 2008