ow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

last night i was laying on my left side [as usual] and i got a kick in the lower side, and it shot like a pain down my abdomen down my thigh. is that a nerve being beaten on?!

[27wks4days].

Cowbell88

Asked by Cowbell88 at 1:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yeahhh it's normal honey! Once I was sitting on the couch, and she kicked me really hard somewhere between my ribs and my back, and all of a sudden it was like I was paralyzed for a minute and the pain shot throughout my entire left side and was seeing stars and everything. I couldn't even move!! Luckily she's never kicked there again!!!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 2:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Yep! Just wait til the baby sits on a nerve, and doesn't move for a hour or two. lol....
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 1:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• That was probably your sciatic nerve getting kicked =] Or a ligament, either one.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• It sounds like it was a nerve that was hit, yes. But I'm not trained anything medical related so I'm not totally sure, but it sounds like it.

Anonymous

• sciatic nerve goes from your left butt cheek down the outer side of your left leg to just over the side of your knee and feels like a really sharp shooting pain if that was what you felt that was what it was. Somehow baby's tend to find it right about mid pregnancy and occasionally put pressure on it from time to time.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 2:48 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I'm only 22 weeks and have TERRIBLE sciatic pain on some days. It goes from my left hip on down my left leg and it's paralyzing at times! She must be laying a certain way cuz it doesn't hurt like that everyday.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2008