Im bleeding like a period....

and im 6 weeks pregnant. but the blood dont fill up a whole pad. and im not having any cramping or any clots. my dr told me if i have any cramping or any clots go to the hospital. my question is this normal to bleed like this at 6 weeks?? and did any of you ladies know any one that has had this and or did you ever have this happen to you before. cause im worried this is my first pregnancy. thanks for your advice.

Tricia737

Asked by Tricia737 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Go to the hospital immediately for your own piece of mind and your health! Not normal!
    CaityMarie

Answer by CaityMarie at 4:40 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I had a friend who bleed for two weeks and still carried full term. But I would say that you should still go to the ER and get looked at.
    kimandeverrett

Answer by kimandeverrett at 4:44 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• With my first pregnancy I bled (it was just as heavy as a period) for 2 weeks before I had any cramping at all. As soon as I started cramping I went to the hospital and they did an ultrasound and they couldnt find the baby. It wasnt until later that day that I passed any clots. So I miscarried. With my second pregnancy I bled off and on for a few weeks and my doctor kept a real close eye on me and baby and I carried her for 41 weeks. With my 3rd pregnancy I didnt bleed at all until 5 months when I miscarried. With my 4th pregnancy I didnt bleed at all and I am 35 weeks pregnant now. I say go to the ER and get checked out.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Go to the hospital! U don't want to take any chances.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 5:17 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• There is nothing they can do for bleeding at the ER. If you are soaking a pad an hour, go in. Otherwise, stay off of your feet, stay hydrated and stay in contact with your doctor if anything changes. I had two miscarriages and the only thing the hospital did was send me a $900 bill. If you are miscarrying, there is nothing they can do to stop it. On a lighter note, I have known a couple of people who bled through their entire pregnancy and had a healthy baby. See your doctor first thing tomorrow and good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 5:37 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• They can't stop a miscarriage in the hospital but they can figure out if it is a miscarriage. Go in hun. Prayers.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 5:57 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I went through bleeding with 4 out of 5 pregnancies. there is nothing going to the hospital can do unless you're in pain. In other words, don't go unless you're in pain. I'm no doctor but I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE! If you haven't called your on-call doc yet, you definately should and they will probably tell you the same thing and say to schedule and appointment in the morning. I've had heavy bleeding happen 3x and once was on a sunday. I was told to follow up the next day and go to ER if I was in pain or had shooting pain in my neck or arm. The other time I called and they scheduled me for an ultrasound the same morning. Here were the results: the 1st one was ectopic and required surgery. The second was a miscarriage. The third was a Subchorionic hemorrhage and it was no big deal, everything was fine. I also had one where i spotted for several weeks but everything else with the pregnancy was perfect.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 6:10 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• go to the hospital
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 8:34 PM on Jun. 12, 2011