Are you sending your 3-year-old to preschool this year?

I think my son would love it but at the same time I think he could wait another year until he can sit still for more than 3 seconds...

MommyKKay

Asked by MommyKKay at 4:40 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would love to send her to at least a 1/2 day 2 days a week for her to have some Nero typical playmates on a regular basis. As of mow she is living with an older brother who has HF Autism and is friends with a little boy who has Moderate Autism. I try to get her to the park, zoo, library and other places like that regularly but there is no consistency in who she plays with KWIM? I want her to have some 'friends' she gets to know.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:43 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• No, I've always sent mine at 4. Actually I feel like I'm keeping this one home a year longer because her bday falls right after the cut off. She would be going this year if she had been born a week earlier. lol It doesn't matter for preK of course, but K.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 5:10 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I'm planning to send him in august, he will be 3 in July. I'm excited for him to learn and be around kids his own age. He mostly plays alone and isn't too interested in his little brother. My Stepmom is a child psychologist now, but she used to be a Pre-K teacher and she said that the teachers are all prepared to deal with boys who don't know how to sit still, so I'm not worried about that :)
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 5:11 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Nope, not this year. My son will be 3 in July... we have decided to do more structured learning time at home this year and preschool next year.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:21 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I would like to. I'll hopefully be starting school back up in the fall so it would be nice to have a little time to myself to get schoolwork done.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 5:56 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• No I home school my little ones until kindergarten. I like to keep them home with me as long as I can.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:22 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• my little girl is almost 4 and this past year she went for 1\2 a day and my little boy who is almost 3 is going to go for 1\2 a day this year my daughter loved it and my little boy seemed to like it when ever they had mommy and me day at her school let him try it and then if he doesnt like it take him out of it thats what im doing
    mommyoflogan23

Answer by mommyoflogan23 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Yes! I'm so glad the preschool has a 3 year old class and 4 year old class (up until a few years ago they only had a 4 year old class). I have one child going into 2nd grade, another going into Kindergarten, and my 3 year old twin boys will be going into preschool and I have a newborn boy. My twin boys see their big sisters going to school and they've been bugging me all year about when they can go to school and it'll be nice to have some time with just my baby.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 12:41 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I like to keep my children home with me as long as possible.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:37 AM on Jun. 13, 2011