How do i respond when he's acting like the stereotypical woman after a fight?? something he HATES if i do...

we got in a fight a few days ago- a pretty bad one that led us to the conclusion we should try couples counseling. we RARELY ever fight or argue, but when we do these deep things come up (like insecurities about our sex life or him thinking i'm such a negative person)...when it's good, it's great- but things were definitely a little shaky the other day.

he swears breaking up hasn't even entered his mind and says he wants to be with me forever and work these things out. so we've been talking a lot and this morning it seemed like maybe things were going back to normal. BOTH of us were extremely hurt, and i cried many tears- so i felt relieved that he was the one being more "normal".

then out of nowhere he's mr. pouty and being a downer- when i ask what's wrong he says he just keeps thinking about us and the horrible argument and how i thought he was going to leave me or something...but he always tells me after an argument that what's done is done and all we can do is grow and move forward together, not mope about what happened...

so WHY is he still moping?? and what am i supposed to do?? i feel like i'm doing all these things to make him feel better, yet he's neglecting the fact that he hurt me too. any advice??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• Hug him. Men can have hurt feelings too. Other than that leave him alone until he feels better.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 5:32 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• i agree with the PP
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 5:44 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I agree with the first poster as well. But also, tell him what you put as the title of your post. That's he acting like a woman, and that he gets mad when you do that.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:52 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I think people who mope and won't let things go are very manipulative. I would really watch this and see if it is a habit of his. Because life is too short to live with a manipulative person.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 6:05 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• at best he is passive agressive, at worst intentionally manipulative. You can not change other people. Is this the life you want for you and your kids?
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 6:11 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• For real? Maybe he was left feeling insecure...?? Men have emotions too...it doesnt make them manipulators.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 6:16 PM on Jun. 12, 2011