Confused

I am so confused... My boyfriend asked me to marry him and he tells me all the time that I'm the best girl hes ever been with and that he doesnt understand why I wanna be with him and all this stuff and then he tells me he doesnt trust me at all. I don't get it I really dont!!!

mrs.smith2011

Asked by mrs.smith2011 at 5:15 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• I wouldn't marry him. Did you ask why he doesn't trust you?
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 5:18 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Yeah and its cuz when I was on 8th grade I had this boyfriend and we broke up and have ben friends ( only friends ) ever since. and I had his number in my phone.mind you I dated this guy when I was 16 and I'm now almost 29...
    mrs.smith2011

Comment by mrs.smith2011 (original poster) at 5:22 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Tell him you've known the guy since you were 16 and you had all that time to decide if you wanted to be with him again, and never did so why would you now. it was a long time ago
    Anonymous

• Trust, immaturity, confusion - not the best foundation for a relationship let alone a marriage. I'd be very cautious.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:27 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• If that's why then he is being childish and I don't think you should marry him. That is stupid.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 5:27 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• He has issues, so I would wait. Unless there are some reason that he should be suspicious about. If there really is nothing, and you are completely transparent with him, then run away.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 5:28 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Yeah nothing to worry about at all and I have told him that many times but he won't listen. I mean come on that was 13 years ago wtf
    mrs.smith2011

Comment by mrs.smith2011 (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Don't marry this guy!! He will get worse, if he does not trust now he will never trust you!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 5:42 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Wow, he's got some issues there. He's most likely been cheated on, but then again, who the hell hasn't?? If you didn't tell him you were still friends with this guy, and had his number, then he found it on his own, that's an issue. It was a blow for him. Even if it was just that he found the number, and that's the only part, it was a blow. However, what was he doing looking on your phone? If you are the best girl he's dated, and loves you , wants to marry you, he should be suspicious, not lose all trust. But after you tell him you are just friends, only dated the guy when you were 16, there's no reason even for the suspicion anymore. This issue he's got could turn into control. If he can't let it go, you may want to rethink getting married.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:43 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Thats reason enough for me to stop wasting my precious time on that loser. He's trying to dictate who you talk to and youre not even married yet?! Run girl, run!
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 6:01 PM on Jun. 12, 2011