Seriously at my wits end...

My 2 1/2 year old is obsessed with her poop...she "played" with her poo the first time about a year ago...then after that I learned never to put her to bed without pants on well eventually she obviously learned to take her own pants off at nap time and here we are again...it just keeps happening i dont know what else to do. I tried putting her diaper on backwards, inside out sleeper, layers of clothes...and now a onsie which worked for a few months, but now instead of taking the onsie off she just sticks her hands inside of her diaper and pulls it out that way..im so grossed out and sooooo tired of cleaning up these messes over and over and over ...Its happened 3 times just this week!! The only time she is left alone in her room is at nap time or night time..so its been happening at nap time..I told DH the only other thing I can think to do is stop giving her naps, but when she doesnt get her nap its like the end of the world..but I dont know what else to do!! PLEASE I need HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I used to put those zip up sleepers on my dd backwards so she couldn't reach behind her and unzip it.
    goddess99

Answer by goddess99 at 5:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Have u tried maybe giving her a nap where you can see her...
    JAZ_MOMMY2

Answer by JAZ_MOMMY2 at 8:09 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• If she can see me or DH she wont take a nap..weve tried it lol I even tried taking a nap with her...I wish that would work though!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Hmm...maybe go at it with a mental perspective. Maybe take her to a farm or something so she can smell all the poop and tell her that while everyone poops it is REALLY GROSS! I don't know. It seems that she needs to realize how gross poop is........at this point to her it's just like play dough............maybe show her your poop in the potty and say EWWWW YUCK STINKY!!!! I don't know. Good luck!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:09 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• yuck!!! idk though. my kids don't take off their diapers with pants on.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 2:10 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I heard someone else say that sometimes when kids play with their poop it's like a creative outlet...maybe get finger paints and let her paint and get really excited about it and hang it up somewhere so she can see it and talk about it a lot and tell everyone about it 'look at her pretty picture!' and make sure she hears you....and then when she plays in the poop don't get too excited about it just say 'eeew, poop is gross!!' and then bring out to see the picture and say 'this pretty, poop is gross' and then let her paint later and talk about how that is good and poop is gross....just a thought.
    newmom2bgtwins

Answer by newmom2bgtwins at 3:13 AM on Jun. 13, 2011