If you have a birthday party at...

6:30-8:30 should you provide dinner? If it was from 6-8 would you have dinner? Having my childs party at YMCA they said you have to do 45 mins of swim then 30 to eat then another 45 swim....its a YMCA water park. I want them to get enough swim time but I think 30 mins isn't enough time to eat dinner and do cake and ice cream think we will be rushing it. So if I did bring food they couldn't eat till 6:45 or 7pm depending on what time I pick.....input please. PS trying to pick the cheapest party too LOL. no food would help alot.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• Maybe just do finger foods and not a meal.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 5:51 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Just put on the innovations, that dessert will be provided, this way they should know to eat first. Or even word it like; " swim time will be 6:30-7:15, cake and ice cream from 7:15-7:45, and swim time again from 7:45-8:30....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:56 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I would do a pizza party, it's simple easy to eat, and can be served with the cake and icecream. Make sure to have a veggie and fruits side dish too.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:06 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• they shouldnt eat an go back into the pool have them eat before comeing
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 6:11 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I agree with babybugsmama and put on the invites about no meal and just snack. I would just do cake and ice cream and not alot since getting back in the water. Since the rule is wait thirty mins after you have eaten to swim again.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 6:13 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I agree with the other posts about having a pizza party or even snacks would work, I've always known people to eat dinner around 5 - 6 pm so if I was having a party at 6:30 I'd assume everyone already ate dinner.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 12:19 AM on Jun. 13, 2011