What do i do when my husband doesn't believe me about my 10 yo step daughters attitude towards me

She always has a smart remark when i ask her to do something or an attitude. My husband doesnt believe that it happens as much as i say and we are constantly arguing over it, to the point of a possible separation.

momof3mammyof1

Asked by momof3mammyof1 at 5:54 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Do you have a voice recorder on your cell? If so, record her without her knowing.
    cricketdawn81

Answer by cricketdawn81 at 5:59 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Get one of those small video cams like a nanny cam and show him the results. You can also say "no more conversation" after a certain point with her and ignore the rudeness. Stay calm and matter of fact. And no fun stuff is done if chores/obligations are not finished. That should be a rule both you and DH follow. GL!
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 6:01 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Just as the others said....record her.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 6:49 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Don't be alone with her, why are you? She obviously doesn't like you.
    Anonymous

• Thanks everyone! I will go buy a "Nanny Cam" tomorrow. Ive been the one to raise her for the past 4 years. My husband has worked alot of graveyard, and now works swing shift, so its me at home and up with the kids.
    momof3mammyof1

Comment by momof3mammyof1 (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Be the adult and ignore it. It's what girls that age do to most adults. Don't take it personally. It's puberty/adolescence. It will get worse but it's the stage.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:18 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I was thinking too that you both need to spend quality time with her, especially dad. Do some fun activities like bowling, manicures, any activity she loves, plus even playing with dolls. She needs to know she is loved and special. GL
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:42 AM on Jun. 13, 2011