My 3 year old DD told a lie on me to my DH what to do??

She told my DH that I had a boyriend and his name was Jordan. I don't even know a Jordan.I guess he don't trust me because he left.What would you DH do?

jdwilson864

Asked by jdwilson864 at 6:02 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• Just tell your husband. My husband would never believe or kids over me.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:10 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Depends on what it is, I guess. If it is an obvious lie, and he knows it, then go to her together and tell her that you will not allow that in your house. That mommy and daddy talk about what the truth is, and that she will get caught every time and there will be consequences.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• The 3 of you need to sit down and have a long talk. And tell him that is not nice and ask him what should he's punishment should be?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 7:01 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• He needs to understand at this age of kids will say ANYTHING out of the blue, sometimes it can be truth but most of the time, it is always a made up thing. Like a imaginary friend, Jessica and tell you what they were talking about. I mean, if she goes to day care/school and might knows a Jordan and use that against you but she doesn't mean anything though. And yeah, you should talk to her and that if she lies something about like that, she will need to know that there will be consequences. Sorry that it has to happen this way and hope this will clears up the air soon! :)
    breezymommie

Answer by breezymommie at 8:53 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Wow! My dh would laugh if my 3 year old said something like that! I can't imagine a grown man taking a childs word over the mother. Especially since my ds told him that there was a blue dinosaur eating in the front yard and a giraffe was at the door. In this situation, you should talk to her about what's real and what isn't, that saying something like this can make people upset. And that although pretend is ok, she should never say things that aren't true.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 13, 2011