Is this from the bladder infection or pregnancy/possible miscarriage?

For the past 3 weeks i've had this pain in my lower abdomen, right under my belly roll when sitting. Anyways the pain comes and goes throughout the day, I have to curl up in a ball to make the pain go. it also hurts when I have to potty #1 and 2 Not during but before, like telling me I have to go. the pain is pretty serious, it literally takes my breath away but only lasts a minute. I have on and off fevers. and get pretty hot when the pain comes. I went to the hospital a couple days ago, they said I have a bladder infection and am 6 weeks and 1 day preggy. they did an ultra sound and a vaginal thingy. but found no heart beat, they do not know if it's because it's too soon or if ive had a miscarriage, does the pain ive been having sound like it's been from the infection or from a miscarrige? Help Please, and Thank you.

destiny269

Asked by destiny269 at 6:05 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Unless you're bleeding, I would guess that it is just from the bladder infection. I had a lot of pressure in there early on during all of my pregnancies which would cause me to feel pain when I had gas or had to poop, but it would make sense that you would hurt before you peed with the bladder infection. I would go back to try to get a heartbeat though. I would hate not knowing.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:12 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Oh...or to get your levels checked.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

• I'd say it could be any of those. It doesn't sound normal though, being in that much pain. Make sure when you finish your antibiotic, you get a urine retest if you still feel this way even a little bit. You want to make sure it took care of the infection.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• It's a bit on the early side to see a heartbeat. Your symptoms sound a lot like what DH had when he had a bladder stone. You might want to ask about a stone if you still have pain after the infection clears. I don't know if they could do an MRI to see a stone since you're pregnant.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:10 AM on Jun. 15, 2011