My inlws have been pushing me to put son is preschooL. I cant afford it so my sister said

she would pay for it.. Then my Sil asked me again abt sending my son to preschool and i said. my sister is going to pay for it we are enroll him this week.. Then my mil texted me that i need stop bragging and abt what people do for me and we should pay for it our self.. Her is the thing we are on head starts waiting list.. WTF does she care its not her money and should I have to lie abt how we now can afford to send him.?. My sister wants to do this.. It was her idea

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• I would have texted back, she asked. Then I would have said, it wouldn't have been such a big deal if you hadn't kept pushing us to put him in one in the first place.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:09 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Kids do not need pre-school so tell her to but out!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 6:12 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• You send you baby when you are ready and not before. Hubby needs to tell his family that he and you will decide this.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 6:14 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I'd tell her it's not really her business. And I agree with everyone else, about telling her that she's the one pushing for him to be put in preschool.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 6:33 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• It's not anyone's business to know how preschool will be paid for. That's between you and your sister.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 6:39 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• stay away from this woman, FAR away. manipulative In laws seem to be the order of the day lately. she's going to push your buttons just to get a reaction, so stop reacting. if you don't want baby in preschool, THEN DON'T PUT HIM. my MIL bugged the hell out of me about head start for our oldest when hubby was deployed and i told her NO. I did not explain myself further, just NO. i am MOMMA so it's MY CALL. she also nagged him about getting the kids baptised (she is catholic) and before she even had a chance to say something to me, my husband shut her down because he knew that would start a war with me. he waited weeks to tell me lol. husband needs to let MIL know her boundaries, and NOW otherwise this will only get worse.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 7:20 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• It's none of their business whether he goes or not, let alone who will pay for it. If it were me, and I'm not suggesting you do this, but I'd just say my sister offered to pay but from this point forward it would not be discussed as it's only our business seeing as we are the parents. If she gets mad, tough.

We got this kind of pressure from my MIL. Actually DH did because she barely speaks to me. She asked constantly about when we were putting our oldest in preschool and he ignored her until he finally got tired of it and told her we weren't. She asked why and he said we don't want to and can't afford it anyway. She offered to pay until she heard how much and then said she'd pay half. He again said no and finally she got the hint. I would have been a lot more direct with her which is probably why she didn't ask me.
    Anonymous

• My MIL used to have a lot of opinions about everything. I always wanted to take the high road and keep the peace in the family because any turmoil with inlaws just isn't worth it. I would suggest that you make you husband deal with any issues that cocme up with his parents. He should defend you against the rudness of his mother!
    kdwiegandt

Answer by kdwiegandt at 7:59 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Don't let other people tell you how to raise your kids. If you can't afford pre-school, then don't do it. And if they keep pushing you and pushing you, just say you don't have the money, you would like to, but its just no possible. And she sounds like a bitch if she says you're bragging
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 8:13 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• It's YOUR son, so it's YOUR business how you conduct things. She needs to stay out of it unless her opinion is asked for.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 10:55 AM on Jun. 13, 2011