Just stopped depo..period question

Ok so I went to my ob/gyn on the 4th (when my depo inj was due) to get an exam to stop depo since my husband and I are planning to have another baby. My dr said that as soon as I get a period we can start trying. My question is...how do you know if you get your period? I see a lot of women say they spotted, bled for a day, etc. How do you know if it's a TRUE period to start trying?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• i was on depo for 4years and it took me about 8months to get pregnant. my adivce is have sex dont worry about it lol your body will ovulate when its ready. i never did spot after words my period started about 5months after stopping it lasted about 3days but that had always been pretty normal for me. try not to stress and it can take along time after coming off the depo to get pregnant so be patient.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:48 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I was on depo for three cycles before I stopped taking it. The side effects were really awful for me although I know other women have much better luck. One side effect I did not have, however, was any kind of spotting or break-through bleeding.

That said, it took me nearly 18 months to get a regular monthly cycle again. I understand that is not normal at all, but it is a possibility for your cycle to take an exceptionally long time to be regular again. When my cycle did resume it was a normal, unmistakable 4-5 day cycle too. I had some hellish cramping too, there was no mistaking it, that's for sure. Good luck ttc.
    savagehumor

Answer by savagehumor at 2:57 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Just remember it can take up to 18 months to get back to normal after depo. I would say if you have 3 or more consecuative days of spotting or more then you can consider that af. good luck
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I never had a period between when I stopped depo and got pregnant. Nothing no spotting nothing.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 6:09 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• babyfat5- me too.
    Anonymous

• thank you so much for your replies! I'd LOVE to be one of the women that have like no wait time between stopping my depo and getting prego...
    Anonymous