Should i go up to the hospital been haven contraction for over an hour

about 3-4 an hour am 37 weeks what should i do?

BOOKER123ABC

Asked by BOOKER123ABC at 6:10 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Call your doctor first....
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 6:11 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• No I would drink quite a bit of water. Lay down and wait until they are about 5 minutes a part at the most.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:12 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• You can always call the hospital and ask them if you should go in. Thats what I did once and they told me to drink water and lay on my left side and if it was false labor it would stop in a couple hours.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 6:14 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• They should be closer, like 3-5 mins. Apart before you head to the doctors. Jump in a warm shower, see if they become closer. Lay on your left side. Try and take a nap. ( incase you'll be in labor late tonight) good luck mama
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:21 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• doesn't hurt to go to labor & delivery as long as your insurance covers it!
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 6:51 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• i called them they said to take a warm bath an rest an if they continue to go up their.
    BOOKER123ABC

Comment by BOOKER123ABC (original poster) at 6:52 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• yes i do just dont want to keep bugging people been up their so much i have been very nerious with this one cuz i lost the one before this one. am just periond. i have had so much go on in this pregnacy the pain an bleeding an the placta is infront of the baby so cant always feel the baby move its so scary
    BOOKER123ABC

Comment by BOOKER123ABC (original poster) at 6:55 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Prayers honey. Relax for now if you can. You'LLC do great.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 7:36 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• if in doubt I would go to put your mind at ease. You should not be stressed out over it. I know when you can not talk and about 5-10 mins apart is a good time to go. Also if wait to long and in true labor you might miss the window for pain meds. I would go if you can since the worst that could happen would be that you would be sent home but at least you have peace of mind. And if true labor then you are in a safe place to relax. Hang in there.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 8:24 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• call your dr.
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 8:32 PM on Jun. 12, 2011