Best Breast Pump?

Just wanted some opions on what kind of pump I should get? Thanks for sharing :0)

lil_momma_vdv

Asked by lil_momma_vdv at 6:14 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The Medela Pump in Style is pretty much the best pump you can buy.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:16 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Medela
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• medela brand is the best, the hospital uses them too.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 8:43 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• i will be renting
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 7:16 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• fluffy: are you talking about just the PIS or PIS advanced? if you can provide me with info regarding your comments about Medela Breastpumps, that would be awesome. I looked and they are FDA approved, which makes it hard to ignore FDA rules. I also searched and the only recalls/known problems I can find with the PIS Advanced is that the motor went out in some models (which Medela replaced) and the power cord was easily damaged that caused sparks to the transformer.

Booker: how much is it going to cost you to rent one?
    lil_momma_vdv

Comment by lil_momma_vdv (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• It depends on what you need it for.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:42 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• no. the medela PIS dies after a while. The motor goes out. Waste of $300. The best pump you can get is a medical grade. You can rent them, or buy one online someplace like ebay. they only cost a couple hundred more than the pump in style, and will last forever. Usually if you buy one it will also come with a warranty. And if you rent one, you never have to worry if something does happen to it. Not to mention, medela blatantly ignores FDA rules and their PIS pumps have been known to burst into flame. Not cool. You can also get an avent pump for much cheaper, and they work just as well if not better than the PIS.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 6:34 PM on Jun. 12, 2011