Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you are having a destination wedding...

How do you get the marriage license in advance?
We live in San Diego but are getting married in Las Vegas. I do not know how to do this or even where to start.


Asked by LiLJeni at 6:22 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

Level 30 (44,491 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • JulieJacobKyle

    Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:28 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

  • You'll need to check out nevadas requirements. Some state licenses are good longer than others.

    Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:25 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

  • I got married in vegas. Its really simple. You just go downtown to get it the day of or earlier. I think its the chamber of commerce or something like that. Some chapels will take you there before your wedding. You have to wait in line for about 20 minutes. Its really, really easy.

    Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 6:27 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

  • BTW, if I could go back and do it all over again, I would come out here (we haven't lived in Las Vegas for that long). There's a company here that does amazing weddings on a plateau in the mountains at sunset, overlooking the city lights. I wish I had done that for our wedding! Best of luck to you.

    Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:30 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

  • Thank you guys.

    Comment by LiLJeni (original poster) at 6:31 PM on Jun. 12, 2011