Do Ameicans care about character and values?

Or are they a thing of the past?

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 6:51 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• This American does.

Answer by older at 6:52 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I do! There is such a double standard that applies to both and it shouldn't.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 6:54 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Some do, some don't. Not good to generalize an entire country of 300+M people.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 6:55 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I do that is why I didn't vote for Obama, McCain, Bush, Clinton!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 6:56 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• People value different things.....this country is going down the pooper to be honest. Work ethic has suffered. People are too busy to care for those around them.
    Anonymous

• Most of us still do. Many of our elected officials are not in that group, sadly.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:57 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I think all Americans care about character and values--but I think they disagree on what they should be. And I also think people have some weird and skewed sense that today is somehow "worse"...any student of history will tell you that today is just the same as 10, 100 and 1000 years ago in terms of what people idealize is not what they embody.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 7:02 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I can't speak for everyone, but I happen to think both are very important. However, I understand that there are many different definitions of the two terms and each person will identify differently with them. What one person sees as basic human decency, others see as over the top conservatism, and so on...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:07 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Some do, some don't.....like aways I suppose.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 7:09 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• People value different things.....this country is going down the pooper to be honest.

GREED is our biggest enemy at this moment- greed has been a major contributor to the downfall of most great empires.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:09 PM on Jun. 12, 2011