Sounds like some people on here make up excuses for others being racist!

Yeah you hear racist things on tv. So does that mean you let it slide in front of you??

Sounds like some moms here seem to think it is okay to call someone a racist name because it happens on tv. 

What I have been seeing on here is  "Well comedians talk about whites so......"

SO DOESN'T MEAN IT IS OKAY FOR SOMEONE TO BE RACIST TOWARDS ANOTHER HUMAN BEING!!!

How will racism stop? It will stop when we teach our children not to be racist. When we won't tolerate someone being racist to someone else.  It stops when we stop laughing at racist jokes.

If someone called you a name would you look at them and say "Oh good one I heard that on tv the other day!!"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• i dont think its right being racist we are people i guess all we can do is just tell the kids to love everybody and i know god does not want us to not like someone cause they are different he made us all we are who we are supposed to be
    destiny269

Answer by destiny269 at 7:29 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I've heard black comics make very racists jokes and comments about whites and the audience roars in laughter. And I wonder if a white comic said anything nearly as racists would the audience have the same reaction or would that comic be banned?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Ironically if a white person says something about a black person, they are racist. If a black person says something about a white person, its funny. But I haven't seen anything on CM.
    Anonymous

• I haven't seen that, but if that's the case, then I agree w/you. If someone called me a racist name, they'd get a dirty look for sure, I think it's immature to be racist.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 7:29 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Some questions throughout the day I seen a few answering that were like out there to me!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Racist jokes show the level of ignorance of the comedian. I label any comedian stupid who can not come up with any better jokes.

That said, the jokes will stop when we stop spliting into "cultures" inside the U.S. Yes, I realize I sound petty right now, but it makes me mad to hear stuff like, "the black culture" "the Hispanic culture" The easiest and best way to stop racism is to stop segregating OURSELVES!

Oh and I have SOOO heard the "I don't want to live there, it's too white.."
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 7:46 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• its not right period and I seriously find no humor with these comedians who think its a great punch line
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 7:58 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I agree. I find lot of comedians who comes up with racist jokes are very ignorance. I just find it very pointless because one or other of race, we are gonna be insulted. So it just should stop but of course it won't. Needless, we just have to teach our children to learn how to love other races and learn about their cultures because it is interesting to see different backgrounds we came from also. There was a joke about black/white couples. It was stupid and it was VERY racist to the point where it said something about biracial children. I was like... oh no you did not go there & said that! UGH!

breezymommie

Answer by breezymommie at 8:46 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Idk y ppl think racist comedy is funny! Its just ugly ignorance! Unfortunately its never going to end! Racism us something that will be around until the end of the world... Its a shame, really... And ppl are only getting worse.
    TylersMommy0808

Answer by TylersMommy0808 at 1:25 AM on Jun. 13, 2011