Just some advice for you moms with constipated kid(s)

PRUNE JUICE! My daughter is 13 months old and has been very constipated since 11 months. It started with the switch to cows milk and since then we have put her on soy milk. The constipation was a little better but she was very needy and waking up at night screaming with gas and belly aches. I tried apple juice and nothing. So i got her extra fiber prune juice and she has only been on it for about a week and a half. AMAZING. She is now having atleast one big, healthy poo a day as of 2 days ago. Before her poo was very hard and she would turn purple trying to go. Also she is now ALOT less needy. She's a whole new baby! Also, I have only been giving her 4 oz. a day and watered down. Works like a charm!

mommacierra

Asked by mommacierra at 1:49 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• omg thank you i have had this problem also since i started her on whole milk wic changed her to lactose free and things were good for about a week and now again constipation. it has been worrying me so much i am afraid she is going to hurt herself trying to poo. i tried the apple juice also nothing the doc told me to give her milk of magnesia and it helps but doesn't take effect for twelve hours and i hate to give her meds everytime she gets like this which is like everyother day. thank you thank you thank you i am going to buy some this afternoon
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:57 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• thank you alot of people have asked this question and i was ready to start copying and pasting my answers lol
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 1:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I am glad that works for you. However sometimes it can be much more serious. My 3 year old has been on Miralax since she was a baby and will have to continue on it til about 7 years old or so. She has a very common disorder found in a lot of young and very young children. Her specialist said no amount of prune juice or dietary anything would help this.
    redheadedmommie

Answer by redheadedmommie at 2:09 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I'm sorry your daughter has such a serious issue, poor baby. May I ask what the disorder is?
    I know the prune juice will not work for everyone, I never said it would. It's just what works for my daughter so I though it's be worth a try for some of the other moms.
    mommacierra

Answer by mommacierra at 2:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• My daughter has a constipation problen as well. I tried everything from eliminating everything I could think of from her diet, and nothing worked. Our pediatrician recommended Miralax. It works great. I giver her a tsp in her juice and it works like a charm.
    xiques

Answer by xiques at 2:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Another one that works wonders is Peach Nectar. But warning... a little bit will do the job. 1-2 tablespoons for babies, and no more than 1 ounce for a toddler.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 5:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I'm glad you found something that worked for you. We tried everything (including prune juice) and ended up going on Miralax. If I miss even one dose, she is miserable.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:02 PM on Dec. 11, 2008