My best friend....

is driving me NUTS! She keeps telling me how she is sooo broke and then 30 minutes later sends me a picture of her dinner at Fogo de Chao. WTH? She can't afford this, can't afford that...yet she is spending 150 bucks on dinner. I really just want to tell her to walk a mile in my shoes....and u will know broke. But of course, I would never.

Anybody else have friends like this?

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 7:32 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• I have a friend that is the same. She'll say money is so tight, then their dining out, going to the movies several times a week and getting tattoos often. When I say money is tight, we almost lost our home and I've had to tighten my belt (figuratively) to get extra servings for my dh and children! It's disgusting! I despise when people claim to be having hard times when they clearly aren't! Things are better now, but she has no clue!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:58 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Nope, but I'd flat out tell her to stop complaining about being broke, if she can spend that kinda money.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 7:34 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• No, I don't have that kind friends who does that but sure, I do I know some people that always complain how they are broke, can't pay their bills on the time and all of that crap when they have "money" to buy weed or getting nails done when their kitchen almost has nothing in and kids are hungry..dirty..holes in their clothes. I don't even get it at all. Some people are just plain stupid!

breezymommie

Answer by breezymommie at 8:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Yep.. lots of them.. It drives me crazy to but thats just how some people are..
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 7:34 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Apparently she's lying to you about her being broke. there is no way she could afford a dinner that expensive. My little sister is like that too. If I ask to borrow money(rarely do) but when I do, she'll say "I'm broke as a joke", or "I'm not having good terms with my finances right now". Then I hear she's dining out at fancy restaurants. I guess they don't want you asking them for anything.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 7:39 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• yes i do.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:54 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Sometimes my friend thinks I'm made of money. Shes broke a lot, but shes always buying video games and stupid stuff that isn't needed, so she asks me if she can borrow money. My hubby is the only one that has job, and we have a baby on the way...no way do with have $20 to spare just so she can go get a video game.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 8:19 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• don't hurt her, just let go
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 9:10 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Yes I HAD a friend like that and it was hard to deal with I ignored it and continued being her friend mostly because of her children - since they were born they've known me as Auntie and she has always been called Auntie by my kids but last month she got pissed at me and ended the friendship which I honestly didn't care much about, I miss her kids like crazy and my kids don't really understand why they can't play with her kids anymore but she was a crappy friend and we're better off without her.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 12:10 AM on Jun. 13, 2011