Do you feel...

a spark when you kiss your DH/SO?

Do you feel that the "chemistry" has to be there to make a marriage work?

Or is the spark only lust?

cueballsmom

Asked by cueballsmom at 7:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• ohhhhh yeahhhh!
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 7:36 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• After 39 years that spark is still there, chemistry still there.....

Answer by older at 7:37 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I think that whether it is there or not it is our duty as husband and wife to stick with the marriage. that is what we took vows for. If the spark is gone then new ways have to made to ignite it again.
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 7:49 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Never had "the spark" with my DH. We have a deep seated and committed relationship that has lasted 7 years.
    cueballsmom

Comment by cueballsmom (original poster) at 7:58 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I honestly don't feel like sex is the only part of a marriage. I think it is a part, but I don't think you have to have crazy lust for it to work. I think there needs to be some kind of chemistry, you have to be able to work together. But yeah, I still get excited when my husband kisses me, if we are apart for a few days I still get butterflies when he comes back :)
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 7:59 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• yes.. i do.. i love kissing him
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 8:11 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Mine hasn't kissed me in weeks. I feel fat and disgusting to him after the birth of our baby, so now might not be the best time to ask me about sparks :(
    Anonymous

• spark
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 9:07 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• We don't kiss very often anymore =( just hello/goodbye kisses...not those make you melt kisses anymore really....but on the rare occasion that we do...yeah I still feel a spark with him...I just wish I could feel it more often lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I don't think "the spark" is absolutely necessary for a relationship to work - one of my ex's has been with his girl for 4 years and they're about to have their second child and he's told me he loves her but he's never felt that spark with her, he admitted the only girl he felt that with was his high school sweetheart who crushed him by cheating on him their senior year. Personally I do feel that spark when I kiss my DH, I always have and if I suddenly stopped feeling it I'd be worried only because after 11 years we still feel it.

anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 12:03 AM on Jun. 13, 2011