Anyone with an iud? adult content

ok ladies i have an (iud) mirena ! and i've had it for about 3 months and i have had a period pretty much the whole time and its driving me insane is there something wrong ? any advice will help

THANKS, alliep2011

alliep2011

Asked by alliep2011 at 7:42 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Health

• I had Mirena for over 2 years and after the first two weeks I never had a period. I had some spotting when it got inserted and a period-like flow the following week then nothing. I would definately get it looked at, maybe it was placed properly or slipped. Good luck!
    LexisMama678

Answer by LexisMama678 at 7:48 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• well my doctor said it should lightin up and eventually go away which thats what happened when i had my first baby and i got it , after that first month it went away ,i'm pretty sure i couldn't be pg !!!!
    alliep2011

Comment by alliep2011 (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• When mine first went in, the initial period lasted quite a while, then it stopped. It gets everything out, usually not everything is lost during a cycle... but with the Mirena it can all come out. This takes some time. If it still hurts or doesn't stop soon, I'd have them check it.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 12, 2011