At what age did you begin introducing single flavor solids (soupy texture) to your babies?

Single flavors like applesauce, peaches, etc.

lighthousema24

Asked by lighthousema24 at 1:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i did stage ones when they could sit up assisted (high chair or bouncer) without flopping down. so about 2-3 mo. but most people will tell you not to. due to possible allergy then or later on in life.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 1:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I did it around 4mo, when the pediatrician told us it was ok to do so. I was SO ecstatic when I could b/c then Elijah, my son, would stay full longer.
    ElijahsMom211

Answer by ElijahsMom211 at 1:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• 6 and 1/2 months....didn't start cereal until 6 mo.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 2:08 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i started with cereal when he was at the end of three months, he loved it... he still has a small batch in the morning, along with a veggie. I give him a new fruit or veggie every 5 days.. he s still on a breastmilk/formula diet.. he just turned 5 months, and will be on this diet for a while... funny when i chose to start his cereal i did not talk to his doctor, i had an appt, but it wasnt til his 5th month ( very popular doctor). But I noticed his crabby attitude change, he only gets crabby when its night time. i know that there are so many moms who follow it by the book, and that is great for them. My ped said that I am my sons mother and i will always know best.
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 2:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• A taste here and there- around 8 mos. Regularly- around 10 mos.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:37 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Cereals around 4 months (really soupy made with breast milk) and fruits/veggies at around 6months. Just feed one food for 3-5 days so you can watch for reactions. Oh, by the way, when you move to stage 2 applesauce just buy the Motts naturals or the store brand. It's cheaper. Make sure you buy natural applesauce because most have sugar or high fructose corn syrup.

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 3:08 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• we gave my daughter bananas at 3 months and when the doc said go a head with others at 4 we did
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 3:12 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Well, you kinda know my story already but......

GS started cereal at about 2 - 3 months due to reflux (and YES, it was put INTO his bottles! Please do NOT bash me for doing as the Dr. ORDERED!).
    Due to some issues with the cereal, he was given prunes at about 3 months but only 1 - 3 baby spoons and we tried applesauce for this "issue" as well.
    He is now venturing out into the bigger world of pears and single veggies such as sweet potatoes, green beans and peas. He is 4 months old now but looks like he should be 6 - 7 months old. (He did have mashed potatoes made with NO milk, only his formula for Thanksgiving (2 - 3 baby spoons) and LOVED them!

You know where to find me if you wanna ask me anything.
    Hugs!
    Medical_Mom

Answer by Medical_Mom at 4:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I started my son on rice cereal at around 4 months, oatmeal at 5 months, then started on single ingredient baby foods at 6 months. I also like to mix in a little bit of formula or breast milk with his food for a little extra nutrition (I make my own baby food).
    miksvixen

Answer by miksvixen at 11:02 PM on Dec. 11, 2008