Has anyone gotten pregnant after husband had a vasectomy reversal?

My husband got a vasectomy after our last daughter. I have the baby bug now and I'd like to try for a son in about 3 years. Did it take a while to get pregnant, was the baby healthy with no complications?

alboston

Asked by alboston at 7:51 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Health

• My dad's friend had a reversal and it was successful. I wouldn't wait the three years until you're ready for the baby to do the reversal though. They say the chances of success after a reversal are higher the sooner you have the reversal after the vasectomy. I know after 10 years, the chances of success with a reversal are much more limited. If it is something you are really considering, I would do the reversal asap, and then maybe get an IUD or Implanon until you're ready to TTC.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:11 PM on Jun. 12, 2011