Raspberry leaf tea?

It was recommended to me to help tone my uterus since this is my third, but there is wildly varying info out there from it does absolutely nothing to it can instantly throw you into labor lol.
Just wandering how many mommies out there have tried it and what you thought?

Slinkee

Asked by Slinkee at 2:02 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think it'll be alright. It won't throw you into labor. It's actually one of the few herbal teas you can drink throughout your pregnancy. My midwife gave me a list of herbal things you can and can not have at the beginning of my pregnancy (bc I'm a big herbal freak) and raspberry tea was one of the things that you can have throughout the whole pregnancy. It is also supposed to help with nausea.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 2:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I drank it through out my pregnancy really helped with the puking. I've never heard it doing any good for helping labor along but I have heard evening primrose oil inserted on the cervix does help thin you out.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• it doesnt throw you into labor, and nither does evening primrose oil. it is fine it helps tone and strengthen your uterus. Evening primrose is safe to take orally before 37 weeks then after you can insert at night but it will not cause labor it prepares or helps ripen it.
    angelbabies14

Answer by angelbabies14 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 11, 2008