Do you often leave the room...

when your DH is fussing at the kids? Not that I don't love him, but dear lord, the things he thinks up!! I was about in tears with laughter as he outlined the "horrible" things that will happen to DD if she screwed up again today!!

BTW, not an "abuse" post!!!

cueballsmom

Asked by cueballsmom at 8:12 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm very much into attachment parenting and gentle parenting, very into connecting with the kids and showing understanding. DH, however, thinks there are times when they just need a firm hand or to be yelled at - not that he's mean or abusive, but he doens't care as much as I do about hurting their self-esteem and hurting their feelings. So I tend to hover when they are upsetting him. :P
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:15 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• LOL I remember once when my husband came home from work and had a drill in his hand. My oldest was not listening all day and my husband held up the drill and said "No problem! I can fix those ears!" My son completely flipped out.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:19 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Yesterday my daughter and I went out for a girls day and hubby was left alone ALL day with boy the boys... when I came home, he looked rather frazzled. They had a wonderful day, but they had turned that corner where they were no longer being funny- just over-doing it for the sake of being pesky.

I kindly pointed out, please remember this feeling next time you see me looking like you do now. It ain't easy hanging out with the preschool crew all day. lol
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:34 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• See... my 5 YO was whining about a small scatch on her hand. My DH get tired of the whiinig and told her we could just cut off her hand and the scratch won't hurt! I cracked up.
    cueballsmom

Comment by cueballsmom (original poster) at 9:29 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• LOL my husband would totally say that.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:32 PM on Jun. 12, 2011