Are all sins equal in the eyes of God?

mmnjp03

Asked by mmnjp03 at 12:32 AM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• yes. look at the 10 commandments. the are listed, but not in any real order. its not like worse to least, or vice versa, they are all kinda jumbled in together. plus, all u have to do is ask forgiveness and it is given. its not like god makes u jump through hoops to earn forgiveness in his eyes depending on what u did.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 2:41 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• YES!!! its sad that we put up bounderies for certain ones but it stays true they are all the same!
    mom2charlie

Answer by mom2charlie at 12:37 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I'm not sure that all sins are "equal" in God's eyes. I mean, certain sins bring more harsh consequences in our lives.And I believe that God would be more upset by someone mudering someone than He would be about someone lying. But I do know that all sins are equal in the fact that they sepparate us from God. It doesn't have to be permanent sepparation though!
    DpaigeP

Answer by DpaigeP at 12:38 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• no there are mortal and vernal sins mortal sin are like murder, rape, incest etc. vernal lying, etc.. all sins cant be the same, yes they are all forgiven . murder is not the same as lying about something.
    ISAIAHMOM632007

Answer by ISAIAHMOM632007 at 12:49 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• The 10 commandments are NOT a multiple choice kinda thing. A Sin is a Sin.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:59 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I think so. I think our world places standards on what is worse than others, but in the eyes of God, I think any sin will keep you from heaven, so all sins end in the same place unless you repent.
    ThatHippie

Answer by ThatHippie at 1:05 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• People seem to think so. Kind of hard for PEOPLE to know what GOD believes. The Bible may say all sins are equal but the Bible is a work of man not God.
    kellietinsley

Answer by kellietinsley at 5:42 AM on Jul. 12, 2008