Anyone else have dead beat Sister Inlaws? I have 3 of them.what makes me upset when they had kids my husband was always showering them with things, Now when we had a son they don't even really call or even the first christmas gift..........It just upsets me my husband doesn't get the same respect back

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Just for Fun

• my FIL doesn't call or see our children b/c he doesn't like me. and now basically not allowed around my inlaws b/c of a car accident that happened 1 week b4 our wedding date (didn't happen due to some things they all said) or so the SO says. Also they don't call either so i don't care anymore i just don't do anything for them when asked b/c i'm all of a sudden busy and if SO doesn't follow he has hell to pay b/c they will just walk all over him too.
    Anonymous

• LOL I have three dead beat BIL's. It just goes with the territory, none of them ever even see their own kids let alone mine. My husband's oldest brother has only seen our youngest (18 months) once and our third is due any day now. We don't really do anything for them though, but I can understand your hubby wanting to give things to the baby. It's not really about his sister's as much as his nieces/nephews. Kudos to him for doing the right thing by his family even when he knows he'll get nothing in return, just write off the inlaws and be proud of your man!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 2:20 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Sounds like tit for tat. If you know what kind of people they are, do you really think they will all of a sudden change for the better? Just because you may have showered their kids with gifts, doesn't mean they are obligated to do the same for you. Forget about them - you don't need the stress.
    Anonymous

• Ahhh it's like i wrote this lol well I have one that I can't stand for my baby shower it look like she went shopping the dollar store shes never does the right thing, for my sons christining she had no time to buy a card so she stuck money in a cheesy security envelope she so white trash
    Anonymous

• Yep Yep! Mine waiting for my brother to get back from Iraq, he was home 3 weeks when she said she was leaving him. She packed up the kid and the BRAND NEW car and took off while he was on duty leaving him with 30,000 in debt and the lease on their apartment and another 5000 dollars worth of damage on that he had to pay for. He cant get the kid because of his status in the Army and both Washington state and Utah state dont want to help him becuase its such a F*ed up situation. F*ing crazy A** woman!!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 2:57 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Preaching to the Choir, Honey! Not only did I have 2 dead-beat SIL I also had a dead-beat BIL & dead-beat M&FIL who had the nerve to tell me that they wouldn't be giving the baby anything because remodeling their kitchen was far more important. (I think that was probably the nicest thing they had to say). I have since divorced their son (too many reasons to even start trying to list). I am now happily married to a wonderful man with a family that is just as wonderful!
    orangeblossom28

Answer by orangeblossom28 at 5:33 PM on Dec. 11, 2008