Black menstrual blood for six months

I've been having black or very dark brown periods since January,they are also very light, I usually have 7-9 day heavy periods and all of these are about 3 days and barely fill a pantyliner and this blood is kinda chunky and smells really old.

What would cause this? Is it probly just my cycle being irregular?
We've been trying to get pregnant again so but since we're on Medicaid for a few more terms of school I'm kinda scared to go to my doctor and be told that my only option is birth control pills if I want a normal cycle or that that is the only way that he'll help me. But do you think I might need to visit the doctor for this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Health

• Are you anemic?
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 8:24 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Have you taken a HPT? Some woman get "periods" while pregnant and they are usally light and not like a normal period Rule that out first and if your not pregnant then go to the dr.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 8:27 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• go to the er
    destiny269

Answer by destiny269 at 8:32 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Not pregnant. I've been taking a test once a month since January.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Why would I need to go to the ER?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2011