How far apart in age do you think is best to have children?

Of course everyone has their idea of what works for them, but did you ever wish your children were closer in age or further apart?

AlisonAstair

Asked by AlisonAstair at 8:39 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• i always said i wanted children 5 or 6 years apart, just so i don't have my hand TOO full b/c i get overwhelmed ver easily... & also my oldest would be alot of help & she is the type that LOVES to help with anything & everything, shes very kind hearted.
    ZoeyMariah.

Answer by ZoeyMariah. at 9:00 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• my sister and i are about 2 years apart. my boys are about 2 1/2 years apart. i think that's a good age difference. too far apart is really hard...just myy opinion
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• My brother and I are 18 months apart and it worked well because we always had eachother to play with. My kids are gonna be 4 years apart and I wish they were closer together but due to complications it took me another 4 years after my daughter was born to get pregnant again and stay pregnant.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• My ODD is 12.5 years older than MDD and then there are 22 months between MDD and YDD. If I had my way the youngest two girls would have been no closer than 5 yrs apart. They fight constantly about everything and anything. Drives me absolutely crazy...
    sassygoddess

Answer by sassygoddess at 8:46 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• 1 to 2 yrs
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 8:53 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• My oldest are five years apart. I loved it, my oldest went to kindergarten and I had mommy time with the baby durning the day. My next baby was only 17 months apart - wanted then 2 yrs, but God had other plans, I guess. They are only a year apart in school which is hard when it comes to having my friends and your friends. Ages 11 &12.
    Id say at least three years apart. When we had two in diapers, it was crazy.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I always wanted my kids to be about 2 years apart. But, my two are 3 years and 3 months apart.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• At first we wanted our kids to be about 18 months apart, but it didnt' work out that way and they are 26 months apart. Mainly because of pregnancy complications with number two, we said if we had a third we wanted a 4 or 5 year gap... but that didn't work out either, number two and three are 2.5 years apart to the day.

The 2-2.5 year gap is really all I know... it worked out fine for us, but I have nothing to compare it to!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:17 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• 9 months! LOL! I think 5 years is just about right, my seven year old loves to change him so I can work on other things!
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 10:55 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• We have several age gaps in our family... most of my kids are about 2 1/2 yrs apart however, my DH's oldest son is early 20's and our son is 2 in sept. and our baby is due in Dec. small gaps and big... so it depends on your kids personalities... If I had a hyper kid I'd wait till he was a bit older ... but if I had an average as far as how active it probably wouldn't matter much. Plus you want your kids to be old enough to understand that they are not being replace but your loving family is growing...
    Mommy_Aiken

Answer by Mommy_Aiken at 10:57 PM on Jun. 12, 2011