Where to begin? adult content

For the past week and a half I have not had a very vital medication because of a mess up with the number of days per refill. I got my doctor to write a temporary Rx until I can get the main Rx fixed and filled hopefully this Monday. I have been going through massive withdrawals and now that I have a temporary supply, I am going through the buildup for tolerance for this drug. MY QUESTION IS THIS: My house is a wreck. I have had a hard enough time just taking care of my very basic needs. I have piles of mail to sort through, laundry is piling up and the kitchen; is horrible. I resorted to paper plates and plastic cutlery, so I only have to bag it up. I HATE a messy house, but where do I begin?

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 8:47 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Start with the easy stuff first. Sit and go threw the mail first. Then the cloths . You can sit down and sort the cloths. Takes a minute to stuff cloths in the washer.

Answer by louise2 at 8:53 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Prioritize. What NEEDS to get done? You can run your laundry while you are doing other things. Your mail and folding clothing you can do while you take a break and sit and watch TV or listen to music. Your biggest thing is to not get overwhelmed, which is probably what you are feeling right now. When you get to rooms that need to be done, start in one corner and work your way around. That way you can see that you have accomplished something behind you. Take a basket or box or something with you to each room to put things in that don't belong there and when you get it to the right room, put it away. Just remember your breaks. If you are too overwhelmed it gets stressful and then it is hard to get things accomplished. Remember, slow and steady wins the race.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• sweeping

Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Thank you all. Please keep me in your prayers. I have Parkinson's as well as several other major debilitating illnesses. If I push myself too hard, I will end up in the hospital, which will only make me get further behind. Thankfully, I paid all the bills on the 1st of June, so any mail, less the junk mail, I can put in my July to do box. The laundry, well, I am going to only wash what I plan to keep. I have to get rid of a ton of too big clothing, so that can wait to get washed, prior to donating it. Even though the paper and plastic use is not good for the environment, I had to choose something, and that was the easiest method. I pulled out a large roll of garbage bags and stuffed several in the pockets of my jeans. If there is something to be trashed, I stuff it in, and then push it out the front door for trash day. The books, I called the owner of the used book store and she said she will pick them up! Thanks
    Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 9:40 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I kind of made a short list. I got rid of two bags of old newspapers and magazines. I swept the floor and I did two loads of laundry. My son can fold the clothes as they come out of the dryer and put them away, right away. I am going to be ruthless in this mission to get my home looking like a home. I have had only one wish my entire life, to live in a clean home. I am really beat after just that little bit. I bet even a pregnant MOM in late term labor could run circles around me. I am a joke. Thanks again.
    Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 11:37 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• One room at a time ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:58 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• My son helped me today.  I would sit on the couch and he would bring me box after box of stuff.  I have kept a firm hand on myself and am proud to say I have donated over 600 books, just today.  That was just one shelf, too.  If it went in the garbage or toss bin, my son checked it to make sure no bill or any account numbers could get out there.  My shredder is pitiful and won't keep up.  But, you can see all of the study/laundry/sewing room now.  I have managed to set a time limit, an hour on and an hour off.  My son keeps me motivated and he is the one doing all the heavy lifting.  I also found very valuable information and also found a 4 ct watermelon tourmaline stone and 6 each 1/2 ct diamonds that I purchased for my children.  I have so many jewels, I don't really keep track of them.  Crazy life.  Thank you all for the help.

Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 7:08 PM on Jun. 14, 2011