Do you carry a gun ?

letstalk747

Asked by letstalk747 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 12, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• No, right now I do not. I have in the past, and would like to in the future. But at this point I do not... I will however say this - as I firmly believe it - I carry a gun because I know how to use a gun and have no qualms about doing so. IF you (general you) do not know how to use a gun or have no intention of ever using it - don't carry one!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:03 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Just like American express.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:07 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Nope. Even though I know how to shoot one, I do not feel comfortable at all having one anywhere near me or my kids.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:26 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Nope, for the thousandth time. I don't feel the need or fear
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 9:28 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Yes. I carry my gun and my religion with me!
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:31 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• No. But I would if I was licensed and trained and I would use be smart with it, too many children out there shooting themselves or others because of stupid parents not being careful with guns.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Nope. Never needed one in my close  to 55 years on the planet. I use good judgement re where I go, when and with whom. I have never lived in a place where there were ever home invasions or armed robberies. I have alarm systems in my homes and have for many, many years. I also own 2 dogs- although 1 is deaf and the other is blind, so really not a huge threat, beyond a bark. Who would rob a home with a dog when there are plenty of homes without such a deterrent? 

Bottom line, most crime victims are targeted for who they are, what they do or their associations and a weapon guarantees nothing. Further, I am in a very low probability group.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:37 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I do now not because I am afraid or feel I need to. lol    I carry because I want to. My husband and I like going to the range during the week so both of us carrying is convenient.

chaiteamomma

Answer by chaiteamomma at 10:15 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Yes, I do and it has nothing to do with fear or "putting myself in those situations." It has everything to do with being physically small person and 2 children to protect.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:16 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I don't carry a gun and, barring a zombie appocolypse I will never carry a gun.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:19 PM on Jun. 12, 2011